Car Rental & Rates
Car Rental & Rates
Note: A Security Deposit is mandatory at a rate of $1000 US (cash or credit card).
All prices are insurace and taxes included.
Land Rover Discovery
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This “Agreement” is subject to the following terms and conditions. “Customer” means the person(s) signing this Agreement and any other person or organization to whom charges are billed by the “Owner” at the direction of the person signing, all of whom shall be jointly and severally liable hereunder. “Owner” refers to the legal registered owner of the Vehicle. “Vehicle” refers to the automobile identified in this Agreement and all tires, tools, accessories and equipment attached thereto or contained therein.
2. Owner’s Property: The Customer acknowledges that said Vehicle is the Owner’s property and that this Agreement is a contract for the rental of the vehicle for the specified period only. While the vehicle is in the Customer’s possession the Customer may not be deemed the Owner’s agent for any purpose. The Customer acknowledges that the Customer acquires no rights to the vehicle, other than those stated expressly in this Agreement, and that the Owner has made no warranties, expressed, implied, or apparent in conjunction with the Vehicle. The Owner reserves the right to repossess the Vehicle at any time at the Customer’s expense if the Vehicle is used in violation of the law, or this Agreement, is illegally parked, or abandoned.
3. Operation: The Vehicle shall NOT be operated by any person other than the Customer, or those persons listed as additional authorized drivers on Page 1 of this Agreement. If the Vehicle is hired from the Owner on the basis of fraud or misrepresentation (including making false statements or providing false driver information), all subsequent use will be deemed as being WITHOUT THE OWNER’S PERMISSION.
4. Prohibited Uses: The Vehicle shall NOT be used for the following purposes:
(a) to carry persons or property for hire;
(b) to push, propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object;
(c) in any race, test or contest;
(d) for the carrying or hauling of explosives or other dangerous items; and
(e) in furtherance of any illegal purpose or under any circumstances which constitute a violation of the law.
5. Condition of Vehicle: The Customer shall return the Vehicle to the Owner in the same condition as it was received, except for wear and tear consistent with normal use. Any service or replacement of parts, or accessories deemed necessary to the continued correct operation of the Vehicle during the rental period, which the Customer is pays for, require the Owner’s prior approval. The Owner will take all reasonable steps to facilitate the repair or recovery of the Vehicle if required, provided the failure is not the result of incorrect or negligent use of the Vehicle.
6. Collision insurance. In the event of loss or damage to the Vehicle while on rental, whether due or not due to the fault of the Customer, the Customer’s liability for collision damage or loss shall be limited to the first ONE THOUSAND Dollars(US$ 1000.00), provided the Customer has complied with all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The Customer MUST report any accident involving the Vehicle and a third party to the Police, and then to the Owner. A police report MUST be obtained in the event of an accident involving a third party. Failure to do so will render the Customer liable for any and all repairs and recovery costs. Incidental damage not involving a third party must be reported no later than 24 hours from its occurrence or upon termination of this Agreement, whichever is earlier. THE INSURANCE COVER PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IS VALID FOR THE COUNTRY OF BELIZE ONLY. You must buy additional insurance cover if you leave the country of Belize (see section 8).
The Customer will be deemed liable for damage to the vehicle resulting from negligent or incorrect use, for example: continuing to drive the Vehicle when it is apparent there is a problem, such as running hot, suffering from low oil pressure, or if the Customer continues to drive on a flat tire.
7. Vehicles are NOT PERMITTED to be taken out of the country without the expressed permission of the Owner. Should the Customer desire to do so, the Owner should be informed prior to the Agreement being signed so the appropriate documentation and written permissions can be provided by the Owner. The Owner reserves the right to refuse such permission.
8. Rental Charges: The Customer agrees to pay the Owner, on demand, the sum agreed for the hire of the vehicle covering the rental period as stipulated on Page 1 of this Agreement, which is:
(a) If the Customer fails to return the Vehicle by the date and time stipulated in the Agreement, a charge of US$ 10.00 will be levied for each hour the vehicle is overdue. If the Customer returns the Vehicle 6 (six) hours or more after the agreed time, one additional day’s rate will be charged.
(b) Insurance costs applicable to the Vehicle while outside the Country of Belize will be borne entirely by the Customer. Should the Vehicle be driven uninsured while outside the Country of Belize any fines, Third Party claims resulting from an accident, or damage to the Vehicle itself, will be deemed the responsibility of the Customer, as will any costs involved in recovering the vehicle and returning it to the Owner.
(c) Charges for gasoline if the Vehicle is returned with less than a full tank of gasoline are covered under Fuel Tank Contents on Page 1 of this Agreement.
(d) Charges for loss and damage to Vehicle due are covered under paragraph 6;
(e) All fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs and other expenses assessed against Owner under compilation of law with respect to use of Vehicle while on rental;
(f) Owner’s costs including attorney’s fees incurred in collecting payments due from Customer under this Agreement.
9. Deposit. The deposit paid by Customer at the time of signing this Agreement may be applied by Owner to offset the charges due under paragraph 9 above. Any remaining amount shall be returned to the Customer.
10. Return of Vehicle. The Customer shall return the Vehicle to the Owner’s rental office or other location agreed to by the Owner on the due date and time specified in the Agreement. The Owner may, at the Customer’s expense, take all steps necessary to repossess the Vehicle including civil and criminal process against the Customer in the event of the Vehicle not being returned to the Owner, or being abandoned, The Customer shall reimburse the Owner for all expenses incurred in attempting to locate and recover the Vehicle and hereby waives all resources against the Owner for any criminal reports or prosecutions against the Customer which are deemed necessary by the Owner.
11. Customer’s Property. The Customer releases and holds Owner, its agents and employees, harmless from all claims for loss or damage to the personal property of the Customer or any other person, left or carried in or upon the Vehicle or any service vehicle or premise of the Owner by the Customer or such other person, or received, handled or stored by the Owner, at any time before, during or after the period covered by this Agreement, whether or not same is due to the Owner’s negligence or other fault.
12. Fines. The Customer is responsible for, and shall pay, all parking and traffic violations, unless due to the Owner’s fault.
13. Modification. No term of this Agreement may be waived or modified except by written instrument signed by the Owner of the Owner’s authorized representative. In the event the Customer wishes to extend the rental period, the Vehicle must be returned to the renting station for inspection by the Owner and an amendment of the return date.